Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Daydream


This week I am going to feature the Close to my Heart paper pack daydream. I feel like I am in a dream when I am using this paper. The soft yet playful colors bring back that girly childish enthusiasm that I feel like I loose in my everyday life. I adore the swirls, lines and loads of colors. I would be keen on the idea of designing my craft room around this paper (that is once I get a craft room again!). It just screams Kelly! I mean can’t you hear it chanting my name…kind of like the people at the inauguration today, but instead of O-BA-MA they’d say KEL-LY, KEL-LY! (Okay I know this is totally off subject but isn’t this just a happy day? I will admit that I did not vote for him but I love that our country has such a wonderful and peaceful transfer of power. I love that I got to watch history. I love the tender moments of the day and I love that I get to explain and teach my children about how amazing and unique our country is. I am proud to be an American.) I think the best way to share your excitement about something is to share it with someone else. In light of this revelation I made this acrylic album for a magnificent friend of mine. Her new daughter was just baptized into the Lord and I was proud to offer this as a humble but love filled gift. I also used our new rub-ons…which I am now addicted to. I can’t wait to see it filled with beautiful pictures of the new baby girl.






I must admit that I have a hard time embellishing things up when I do not have the pictures. Does anyone else have this problem? I still think it looks delicious but I wouldn't have minded a little more bling. I guess we'll take care of that later in the week with some of the cards and layouts that I can't wait to show you!

1 comment:

Jana said...

adorable kelly!! we should meet for drinks or dinner or coffe or something one day soon..late celebration of yur birthday...