Sunday, July 25, 2010

Well, Hello Sunshine!

The morning arrives. The sunshine is usually not yet lazying in through the cracks in my curtains when the squeaking of my door makes me quick to hide my smile. Peeking those blue eyes in, usually with blanket over the head, is my morning sunshine...my sunshine before the sunshine. With fast little patters, one big leap and a scurry across the bed he looks at me and says, "I'm cold." Which in little boy language means "I want to get under the covers with you so I can wiggle around until you are forced to wake up." Those little cold feet slide in and plant themselves some place on my body and just as is expected the wiggle dance begins. He moves from side to side, feet in feet out, pillow no pillow until finally he puts his big fat smile to my face and says, "I'm thirsty." Which in little boy language means "get up." On most mornings my sunshine comes in through my door with a head full of red hair and an adorable smile and a big smacking kiss just for me. Well, all I have to say is HELLO SUNSHINE!

2 comments:

Lori said...

Love your little bit of sunshine. These are the times to treasure. I also love your layout.

Kelly Kuehn said...

Thanks Lori! Sunshine is awesome! hahaha