Saturday, September 4, 2010

Apple Hunt


It’s September which means my favorite time of year has arrived! Apple picking, pumpkin patches, colored leaves and cool breezes will soon be enjoyed by me! There is no better way to celebrate the beginning of my temporary paradise then by doing a page about an apple hunt! Peyton, my colorful third child, is always making me look at even the most ordinary events in a new playful way. He not only wanted to pick the apples from the tree but wanted to hunt down the best ones he could find. He walked from tree to tree pointing at different ones and then deciding yes or no. He often would look at the ones on the ground and I would have to remind him to get the ones still on the trees. His bag did eventually get filled and he enjoyed the sweet victory of his hunt. I’ve always looked at apple picking or pumpkin picking as an adventure but never really went about it the same silly way Peyton did. He has gone picking several times a year even as a baby and it was so cool to watch him really grasp the idea this time around. When before he would just grab the first couple he saw, he now really made a conscience decision to what apples he put in his bag. I can’t wait to see what this fall will bring in his shiny personality.