Wednesday, October 22, 2008

God Speaks, do you listen?

I love when God speaks to us. It's not always easy to find but it's there. From rainbows and yellow tulips (that's for you Keri!) to strange hummingbirds God speaks to us all the time, we just need to take the time to listen. I forget this on so many days. I forget that God is there and that he loves me and he will only hand me what I can handle. There is a lot that makes me bring this very heartfelt topic up tonight. (A little off the path of my usual pink scrappy-ness) Besides my encounter with a very rude customer tonight, my effort to get back in school, praying for my little brother and the over all state of the world one of my friends is facing some scary stuff tomorrow. She is battling breast cancer. I hear you all sighing. I know that feeling to. I think about her everyday and wonder how she is dealing with it. How does she get up every morning and function. I mean she has four young children (one who is also battling cancer...I know!) Yet she has the most beautiful soul I have ever seen. If you want to hear an angel or be inspired and feel surround by love this women is it. Kind, brave, amazing these words can't describe her. I often think to myself "who am I to complain!" Yet, the last two weeks for me have been a mix of blah and more blah. I came home from work tonight and just wanted to sleep the rest of the week away and wake up when things were a little warmer (literally!). I forced myself down here to finish up some things and came upon her update on carepages. She is going in for a pet scan tomorrow to find out how big or very very very little the cancer may be and as she puts it "interestingly" one of her child's memory verses for tomorrow is "Call upon Me in the day of trouble; I will deliver you, and you will honor Me. " Psalm 50:15. So God spoke. Isn't it just amazing.




Well, I couldn't just leave you with that could I?! So I made a card for her too! See there is nothing like some pink-scrappy-happy to cheer a person up.

1 comment:

Jana said...

Too sad!!! I'm not sure if I know you're friend but I pray she beats it!!

What did the rude customer do?